Tools Enabling Healthcare IT Transformation
In our previous blog, we elaborated how next-gen healthcare IT is transforming the patient engagement model and the whole healthcare ecosystem. In this blog, we will throw some light on the tools that are enabling this transformation.
The single most critical piece in developing quality and intelligent healthcare applications is the latest data. It is the data that makes the diagnosis more effective and efficient by providing meaningful insights to take a preventive approach or informed decisions for the suspected diseases or problems. For Example, A person should be able to find all medications approved by FDA or all ICC classified diseases. Healthcare applications should be able to provide education resources to patients as explained by UTF (Universal Transfer Form), like fitness and wellness, collaboration & communication, EMR/EHR, preventive healthcare, etc. To achieve this, we need to have the all the relevant data collected in one place, processed in a propitious manner to get insightful information. Also, to adhere to the security measures, government-approved data is preferred.
There are various tools available in the market that help us to have all such things in place, let us have a look at a couple of tools that are contributing to digitize the healthcare industry –
- IMO – Intelligent Medical Objects (IMO) provides all the diseases, procedures, and intervention details classified by the standards including ICD-9, ICD-10, snomed CT, LOINC, HCPCS, etc. It develops, manages, and licenses the medical vocabularies that help to plot the diagnostic terminologies, medical concepts and billing codes that enable physicians to recognize the correct medical terms easily.
- First DataBank – This tool provides all pharmaceutical & medication related details approved by FDA government and classified by standards like NDC and RXNormPort. First DataBank is a pharmaceutical information publisher that provides medication decision support and also in negotiating the repayment rates to be paid to pharmacies and other providers.
- MedAllies – MedAllies provides education resources like disease details, disease symptoms, treatment details, and how one can take apt precautions for a particular disease.
- Microsoft HealthVault – This tool is a personal health record system that helps you gather, store, use and share all the health information of yours, your close ones, or your family, in a single platform. An individual can interact with his/her HealthVault records via the web-based tool or the HeathVault Application. HealthVault can interact to collect data with all the major digital healthcare devices like blood pressure monitors, fitness bands, heart rate watches, etc.
Thus helping to keep all your health details and of your family too, for handy reference. Also, one can also share the health information that can be in the form of images (X-Rays, lab reports, etc.), prescriptions history, detailed health analytics, etc. to the people like doctors/pharmacists so that they can coordinate and guide you for better health management.
- MDLinx – MDLinx provides the latest healthcare and clinical research news in the field of medicine from more than 2000 knowledge portals, helping busy physicians and healthcare professional to stay up-to-date with the current healthcare ecosystem, technologies, stakeholder preferences, behaviors, and also the forecasts & trends related to them. It also helps the people associated with healthcare/medical with the updates of healthcare career opportunities, conferences, public health concerns, clinical trials, medical resource info, and more. All in all, this tool keeps physicians and healthcare professionals up-to-date in a convenient way.
By utilizing the tools mentioned above; one can develop intelligent healthcare applications, improving the patient care and well being. To get an overview of the digital transformation of various healthcare processes like- Wellness, Preventive, Fitness, Patient communication and more, view our webinar on Digital Health: The New Rx for USA Healthcare Ecosystem.